Friday, June 8, 2007

Afco

Well, it seems that there will always be something available for me at Afco. This summer, I'm (at least temporarily) taking over for one of the customer service reps who is leaving today and only gave a few days notice. It's a nice job, pays a bit more than last summer, and it's a lot more challenging than the other jobs I've had here (except for that first summer, when I filled in as A/R while the woman was on vacation). Seems like I'm their general "we need someone ASAP" person, since I know the computer system fairly well and they know I'll pick up whatever job and eventually train the new person, giving them some extra time to hire a good fit for the job.

It's fun, learning all of the different items the company makes, and learning the specifications. I wish I was able to get a lab job this summer, but if that had to fall through, this is a pretty good alternative!

Chris is out in Cali... so, it's time to resume our tradition of webcam dates and im-ing and calling and emailing, and hopefully I'll be able to see him before the summer runs out :).

No comments: